Last Updated: 15 March 2016
Parcify N.V. respects your right to privacy and is committed to protecting your personal data. It is Parcify’s objective to balance the benefits of processing personal data with your right, as an individual, to control the use of your personal data.
The following definitions shall apply:
(1) “Cookies”: cookies (i.e. pieces of information, usually small text files that are generated by a web server and saved on your device), pixels (i.e. small blocks of code on webpages and in emails that are often used in connection with cookies), local storage (i.e. an industry-standard technology that allows a website or app to store and retrieve data on your device) and identifiers
(2) “Driver”: the person collecting parcels and delivering them to Receivers using the Services
(3) “Location Data”: Personal Data collected and processed through Users’ browsers or mobile devices indicating (detailed information on) the geographic position of their browsers or mobile devices, including their real-time location, their travelled distance, their location history, their route history (i.e. all their position data on a certain moment) and their battery history.
(4) “Parcify”: Parcify N.V. having its registered offices at 3500 Hasselt, Kasteellaan 30, responsible for the Services, the Platform and the Parcify App, and acting as processor and controller with regard to the Personal Data
(5) “Parcify App”: the mobile application that can be downloaded on the Platform
(6) “Personal Data”: any information as defined in point 4 relating to a specific User collected and processed by Parcify
(7) “Platform”: the online-platform designed for the Services, accessible throughwww.parcify.com and managed by Parcify
(8) “Processing” shall mean and include any operation or set of operations which is performed upon Personal Data, whether or not by automatic means, such as collection, recording, organization, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, accessing, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, blocking, erasure or destruction
(9) “Purposes”: the purposes as defined in point 5
(10) “Receiver”: the person receiving parcels using the Services
(11) “Sender”: the person sending parcels using the Services
(12) “Services”: the collection, processing and sharing of Personal Data by Parcify and its subcontractors by means of the Platform and the Parcify App to ensure a high-quality and effective collection, pickup and delivery of parcels.
(13) “User Account”: the account created by a User on the Platform or the Parcify App
(14) “Users”: the Drivers, Receivers and Senders
- Personal Data Collected and Processed by Parcify
- a) Personal Data you provide to Parcify
Parcify collects and processes the Personal Data you enter on the Platform or the Parcify App.
The Personal Data you provide are:
- your name and first name
- an abbreviated name of your choice
- your address, i.e. street and street number, zip code, city, state and country
- your email address
- your (mobile) phone number
- your language preference
- your birthday
- a profile image (picture) of you
- your Twitter and/or Facebook usernames
- b) Personal Data collected automatically
When you use the Platform or the Parcify App., Parcify automatically collects and processes the following information from your browser or mobile device on its server logs:
- your IP address
- your browser type
- operating information
- your mobile network carrier
- the following information with regard to your mobile device or browser:
- OS version
- OS language
- OS user language
- Battery level
- Battery charging (Yes/No)
- application IDs
- cookie information
- information regarding your use of the Platform or the Parcify App, including the pages you requested
- your public information on Twitter and/or Facebook.
b.2) Your Location Data
Parcify obtains your Location Data through the Parcify App which collects the following information through your mobile device:
- GPS Type
- GPS Position
- GPS Accuracy
- GPS Speed
- Tracking mode (foreground / background)
- Heading (direction)
- Indications whether you are moving
- Movement type (driving, walking, …)
Parcify uses various technologies, such as (i) location services of the applicable operating system or browser and (ii) sensor data from your device that may, for example, provide information on nearby Wifi access points and cell towers, as well as (iii) your mobile device’s background location, which enables the collection and processing of your Location Data when your mobile device is switched off.
Parcify collects and processes your Location Data even when (i) you do not use the Parcify App, or (ii) when your mobile device is switched off.
When you download the Parcify App and you have accepted these privacy conditions, location sharing (i.e. the sharing of your Location Data by your mobile device) is turned on by default.
Each of your locations, is saved to your Location History.
You are given the possibility to withdraw your consent for the collecting and processing of your Location Data at any time, and to temporarily refuse the processing thereof. Parcify shall disable the use of your Location Data upon receipt of your request by email to privacy@Parcify.com, which shall have the following subject : “Objection to use of Location Data”.
Parcify shall no longer collect and process your Location Data from the moment you delete the Parcify App.
- c) Personal Data Parcify receives from Third Parties
Parcify may collect and process the following Personal Data from third parties (e.g. Twitter and/or Facebook) that interact in some way with the Services or that provide services to Parcify in connection with the Services:
- [Parcify must enumerate which Personal Data]
- [Parcify must enumerate which Personal Data]
Such third party information is only collected and processed if you choose to share this with Parcify (e.g. by linking your Facebook account with the Platform).
- Purposes of the Collection and Processing of the Personal Data
Your Personal Data are collected and processed by Parcify only for the following Purposes:
- data capturing and data analysis of your Location Data to improve the quality and effectiveness of the Services and to reduce the cost of the Services. These objectives include:
- striving for combined pickups and deliveries of parcels
- using Location Data to better define your needs with regard to the time and place for pickup and delivery of parcels
- using Location Data to forecast which time and location for the pickup and delivery of the parcels best suits the Users
- allowing you to set up a User Account and User Profile associated with your email address (and optionally a phone number) for interaction with other Users on the Platform or the Parcify App
- optimizing the pickup and delivery of parcels in view of your actual location
- improving the content of the Platform and the Parcify App
- adapting the Platform and the Parcify App to your needs
- developing new tools for the Platform and the Parcify App
- monitoring and researching the effectiveness of the Services, the Platform and the Parcify App
- sending you push messages within the scope of direct marketing (i.e. the communication by whatever means of any advertising or marketing material which is directed to particular individuals), with regard to specials and new features of the Platform or the Parcify App or with regard to notifications on topics that may be of interest to you, such as events and the like near your location
- behavioral advertising, i.e. the collection of data from your computer or device regarding your web viewing behaviors over time and across multiple web domains for the purpose of using such data to predict your web user preferences or interests to deliver online advertising to your computer or device based on these preferences or interests.
Parcify uses your Location Data for (i) route tracking, i.e. the collecting and processing of all geographical locations of your browser or mobile device, (ii) geo-fencing, i.e. the collecting and processing of your Location Data to establish virtual perimeters for geographic area’s and (iii) to send you tailor-made (advertisement) notifications.
Parcify shall not process your Personal Data in a way that is incompatible with the Purposes.
In case you request to remove your Location Data (see point 9 b below) or delete your User Account (see point 10), Parcify shall only continue to use your Location Data rendered anonymous in such a way that you are no longer identifiable, for statistical purposes in conformity with the Purposes.
Parcify stresses that you can object to disclosures or uses of the Personal Data for direct marketing and behavioural advertising.
Parcify shall disable the use of your Personal Data for direct marketing and behavioral advertising upon receipt of your request by email to privacy@Parcify.com which shall have the following subject: “Objection to use Personal Data for marketing”.
Also, certain versions of the iOS operating system permit you to “Limit Ad Tracking” in the system settings and certain versions of the Android operating system allow you to “Opt out of Interest-Based Ads” in the system settings. Additionally, you can opt-out of Parcify serving behaviorally targeted ads outside of Parcify’s apps and websites by emailing toprivacy@Parcify.com. Parcify currently does not honor Do Not Track (“DNT”) signals.
- Processing of the Personal Data by Parcify’s subcontractor(s)
Parcify may call upon subcontractors to process the Personal Data for the Purposes.
Parcify currently calls upon the following subcontractor(s):
Korte Lozanastraat 20-26
- Sharing of Personal Data
Parcify shares the following Personal Data with all the Users only to the extent necessary for the collection, pickup and delivery of parcels:
- your abbreviated name
- your zip code
Parcify shares the following Personal Data with the following Users only and only to the extent necessary for the collection, pickup and delivery of parcels :
- with the Driver: the name, first name, phone number, profile image and full address or, as the case may be, the Location Data of the Sender and the Receiver
- with the Receiver: the name, first name, email address, phone number, profile image and full address of the Sender.
Although Parcify imposes clear obligations (including confidentiality) on the Users with regard to Personal Data, it cannot guarantee that the Users will abstain from using or disclosing such information to others. Parcify therefore urges you to think carefully about including any information you may deem private in comments, plans or tips or other content (location or otherwise) that you share on the Platform.
Parcify shares the Personal Data with the subcontractors defined in point 6 only to the extent necessary for the Purposes.
- Storage of Personal Data
Parcify stores the Personal Data in a form which permits your identification for no longer than is necessary for the Purposes for which the Personal Data were collected or for which they are further processed.
- Access to Personal Data and Rectification and Removal of Personal Data
- a) Accessing, updating and rectifying Personal Data
You can access, update and rectify the Personal Data by accessing your User Profile page.
The list of Personal Data may change as the Services change.
Even after updating and rectifying the Personal Data, copies thereof may remain viewable elsewhere, to the extent the Personal Data have been shared with others, were otherwise distributed pursuant to your privacy settings, or were copied or stored by other Users.
If you have questions about accessing your Personal Data, you can email privacy@Parcify.com.
- b) Removal of Personal Data on your User Account
Parcify shall remove Personal Data on the Platform upon receipt of your request by email toprivacy@Parcify.com which shall have the following subject: “Removal of Personal Data”. You shall indicate which Personal Data have to be removed.
Even after removing the Personal Data, copies thereof may remain viewable elsewhere, to the extent the Personal Data have been shared with others, were otherwise distributed pursuant to your privacy settings, or were copied or stored by other Users.
Removed Personal Data shall in no event remain on Parcify’s backup media for more than ninety (90) days, except for Location Data rendered anonymous in such a way that you are no longer identifiable.
- Deletion of User Account
Parcify shall delete your User Account upon receipt of your request by email to privacy@Parcify.com which shall have the following subject : “Deletion of User Account”.
If you delete your User Account,
- your Personal Data (including your location history) and any promotional offers you received, will be removed from the Platform and the Parcify App and deleted from Parcify’s servers;
- your Location Data will only continue to be used by Parcify as Location Data rendered anonymous in such a way that you are no longer identifiable, for statistical purposes in conformity with the Purposes.
Such deletion is processed as soon as possible, and no residual copies of your profile information or posts shall remain on backup media for more than ninety (90) days.
- Security and Confidentiality of the Personal Data
- a) General
Parcify shall implement technical and organizational measures to ensure the security and confidentiality of your Personal Data in order to prevent, amongst others, accidental, unauthorized or unlawful (i) destruction, alteration, modification or loss of the Personal Data, (ii) disclosure or access to the Personal Data, and (iii) forms of Processing.
The security measures taken shall be in compliance with applicable data protection regulations and shall be adapted to the risks presented by the Processing and the nature of your Personal Data to be processed, having regard to the state of the art and the cost of implementation. Parcify shall immediately inform you of any breach of this security and confidentiality undertaking, unless it is prohibited from doing so by law.
Parcify shall implement all measures necessary to ensure compliance by its staff with its obligations relating to your Personal Data, and shall require its staff as a condition of having access to your Personal Data to sign individual confidentiality agreements.
- b) Password
The Personal Data on your User Account are protected by a password for your privacy and security. You need to prevent unauthorized access to your account and your Personal Data by selecting and protecting your password appropriately, and limiting access to your computer and browser by signing off after you have finished accessing your account.
- Transfer of Personal Data outside the European Union
If you use the Platform or the Parcify App.while you are outside the European Union, your Personal Data may be transferred outside the European Union.
By submitting your Personal Data to Parcify, you expressly give Parcify your consent to transfer the Personal Data outside the European Union in the manner described above.
Cookies do not identify you as user of the device personally, but solely identify the device that is used for the Services.
When using the Platform or the Parcify App., cookies may be stored on your mobile device or computer.
- collecting and processing information about Users, including their Location Data
- improving the Services, by assembling information on the number of visitors of Parcify’s website(s), the use of the Services and the Users’ Location Data
- making the Platform and the Parcify App easier and faster to use; this includes helping you to better access the Platform and the Parcify App and to find information more easily
- monitoring and understanding the use by the Users of the Platform or the Parcify App.
- personalizing the Services
- enabling new features on the Platform and the Parcify App
- sending you advertisements or notifications on services that may be of interest to you, based on your inferred interests and/or location.
Parcify uses the following cookies:
- Authentication cookies – cookies to recognize you if you use the Platform or the Parcify App.
- User input cookies – session cookies to keep track of your input in a series of message exchanges with Parcify in a consistent manner
- User Interface Customization cookies – cookies to know which language you prefer, what your communication preferences are, and to help you fill out forms on the Platform and the Parcify App
- Social plug-in content sharing cookies – cookies to allow you to share content you like with your social network contacts (e.g. ‘friends’)
- Geo-location cookies – cookies used to ascertain the real-time location of the Users.
- [to be enumerated by Parcify]
Parcify points out that certain cookies are crucial for the proper functioning of the Services, the Platform or the Parcify App. This is for instance the case if you try to access information or Services for which identification is required.
Browser configuration is different depending on your browser. This is described in the Help menu of your browser, which will explain you how you can customize your cookies. The procedure for each browser is described in the instructions below:
- For internet Explorer: //windows.microsoft.com/nl-nl/windows-vista/Block-or-allow-cookies
- For Safari: https://support.apple.com/kb/PH17191?viewlocale=nl_NL&locale=nl_NL
- For Chrome://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=nl&hlrm=nl&answer=95647
- For Firefox: //support.mozilla.org/fr/kb/Activer%20et%20d%C3%A9sactiver%20les%20cookies
- For Opera: //help.opera.com/Windows/10.20/nl/cookies.html
- Questions or Concerns
You may send a detailed message to privacy@Parcify.com for any questions or concerns you may have with regard to your privacy when using the Platform or the Parcify App.. We will make every effort to resolve your concerns.